Do you want to get into the entertainment industry? You don’t have to be a performer to get in. Here are a few jobs you might consider as a recent grad:
- Promotions: Promote events by a performer and communicate with the public
- Critic: Blog, review, or write about an entertainer’s releases or events
- Agent: Scout out new talent and sign them on. Okay, you probably need more experience to become an agent, but you could certainly report to one.
- Technical: Lighting, mixing, wardrobe, makeup, film and video editing, stage managing, cameras, stage design…
- Administrative and Operations: Keep an entertainment company running smoothly with the standard human resources, finance, IT, and administrative departments
If you’re interested in a specific area of entertainment, you may want to check out our guides for television, movies, or music as well.
While you don’t necessarily need a degree for all of these roles, competition is fierce for entertainment jobs, so it could give you an edge. A degree is required for most administrative positions.
Companies with Entry Level Jobs and Internships in Entertainment
Check out the latest job and internship postings in entertainment. jobs by