Looking for an entry level job or internship in toys? This is an overview of how to approach the search and a list of companies that might have relevant entry level and internship opportunities.
Some of us leave our childhood toys behind in childhood, but if you want to take your toys to work, you can do that with a career in the toy business.
The creation of a toy happens in several stages. If you’re working in toys, you’ll probably specialize in one of the stages.
- Idea generation: Come up with ideas for a new toy
- Market research: Do research and see whether the toy would succeed and who would play with it
- Design: Create a prototype of the toy for testing.
- Play testing: Arrange for play tests before introducing the toy to the market. Redesign the toy if the tests don’t succeed.
- Manufacturing: Create a way for the toy to be manufactures en masse. Manufacture the toy to be sold.
- Marketing: Introduce the toy to the target market.
You can also work with stores that sell toys. Most of these positions require a bachelor’s degree, and a love of toys won’t hurt.